Answering Service for Directors
ASD is the leader in answering services and call support for funeral professionals. Family owned and operated, ASD blends state-of-the-art technology with an experienced team of knowledgeable call specialists that possess a high level of understanding of the funeral process. The company's intensive, 6 month training programs ensures that the potential value of every call is recognized and communicated to directors in the most cost efficient way.
ASD's custom-built systems, innovative mobile tools and sophisticated ASD Mobile app bring cutting edge technology to funeral homes and funeral related businesses of all sizes. For OFDA members, ASD offers an extended, 8 week free trial period. Contact us at (800) 868-9950 or visit www.myASD.com/ofda for more information.
OFDA is pleased to announce American Profit Recovery (APR) as its new preferred partner for collection activity on delinquent accounts. APR has quickly established itself as one of the leaders in the debt collection industry. By combining a funeral home's internal efforts with APR's third party intervention, the entire life cycle of the delinquency will be minimized. Not only will the effectiveness of the collection increase, but it will do so while decreasing the staff's time taken to manage past due accounts, leaving more time to service their families.
APR offers a flat fee program as opposed to charging a typical percentage common with most collection agencies and attorneys. By charging a flat fee, APR allows the funeral home to keep more of their revenues.
OFDA members will see noticeable advantages in the areas of:
- Flat rate no more than $22 per account as opposed to a percentage
- Diplomatic collection process as to not alienate families
- State of the art, real-time reporting capability through APRweb
- An average recovery rate of 40-50% on delinquent accounts
- Customer service team available for your needs
For more information, contact Matt Helz at (800) 711-0023. Be sure to mention you're an OFDA member. Or you can visit them at www.americanprofit.com
OFDA has teamed up with FuneralCE to bring you quality Funeral Director and Embalmer continuing education courses with a state-of-the-art delivery system and courteous customer service.
Complete your exams online, receive instant pass/fail results, and print your certificates of completion immediately! Complete up to 9 hours of CE online!
Click on COURSE CATALOG, select your license type and select your course(s) or call 866-332-8423.
When ordering by phone, make sure you tell your customer service representative that you are an Ohio Funeral Director Association member, and you need Funeral Director and Embalmer CE. You could be reading your first course in just 10 minutes!
Funeral Directors Life
Preneed Insurance Provider
See how the OFDA's endorsed preneed insurance provider can improve your current preneed program right now! Funeral Directors Life offers competitive commissions, merchandise protection, effective lead generation ideas and many other value-added services.
OFDA members can participate in a fully insured health insurance program through United Health Care (UHC). This program offers affordable medical, prescription and dental coverage benefits. For enrollment information contact Laura Dempsey at OFDA.
Members who are not interested in the UHC group plan and are interested in shopping their health insurance are encouraged to contact Health Enrollment Management Agency (HEMA). HEMA has extensive relationships with many insurance companies and has selected plan options with multiple insurers, allowing for the most optimum networks and coverages.
Vision and Life
OFDA members also have affordable vision and life insurance available to them. Contact Laura Dempsey to sign up!
Purchase Your 2015 Music License From NFDA For Only $243. You Won't Find a Lower Rate Anywhere!
Before the year ends, be sure to purchase a 2015 music license for each of your locations. With NFDA, you pay only $243 per location – the absolute lowest rate available in funeral service – for a music license covering all three licensing organizations, BMI, SESAC and ASCAP. Click here to read more at the NFDA website.
Download your NFDA Music License Form
Property and Casualty Insurance
As an OFDA member you can obtain property and casualty insurance at competitive rates through a State Auto agent in your area. For more information on our State Auto plan, download the Property / Casualty Insurance for Funeral Directors brochure or please contact:
State Auto Insurance Companies
Ph: (800) 444-9950 ext. 5331
Fax: (614) 719-0265
Save significantly on your workers’ compensation premium by joining the Ohio Funeral Directors Association’s (OFDA) workers’ compensation program administered by CareWorks Comp.
We partner with CareWorks Comp to deliver the most significant cost savings to our members. CareWorks Comp embraces a results-oriented approach that fully integrates safety prevention and risk control with aggressive claims management to deliver a significant return on investment. The OFDA and CareWorks Comp can analyze your company to determine the BEST workers’ compensation premium-saving program for you.
- Group Rating – CareWorks Comp's group rating program is the only plan endorsed by the OFDA. In 2015 the program’s estimated return on investment averaged 145%.
- Group Retrospective Rating – This program offers premium savings projected in exceeding 60% and can be a great alternative for companies unable to qualify for traditional group experience rating.
- Deductible Program – This program offers discounts on premium rates in exchange for accepting a specified deductible amount.
- 100% EM Cap –Companies becoming penalty rated for the upcoming policy year can have increases to their Experience Modifier (EM) limited, or capped, at 100%, thereby limiting rate and premium increases.
- Other Alternative Rating & Discount Programs – Drug-Free Safety Program, One Claim Program, Safety Council, Salary Continuation, $15K Medical Only Deductible and others.
- Self Insurance – Companies pay compensation and medical costs directly for work-related injuries avoiding escalating reserves and premiums charged by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. CareWorks Comp serves more Ohio self-insured employers than any other third party administrator.
As a result of their best-in-class service, CareWorks Comp has consistently maintained a 97% retention rate - one of the highest in the industry. Put their team to work for you. For a no-cost, no-obligation program analysis, go to www.careworksconsultants.com/groupratingapplication/FuneralDirectors. You may also contact CareWorks Comp's Cordell Walton, toll-free, at (614) 827-0398.