2022 SAC Application
Each year, OFDA awards scholarships to students enrolled in mortuary school. The 2022 scholarships to be awarded are:
- (2) $3,000
- (2) $2,000
- (1) $1,000
To qualify, applicants must be currently enrolled in a mortuary science program or registered in a mortuary science program during the Fall 2022 academic semester. Students are encouraged to practice as a licensed funeral director in Ohio.
Recipient of scholarship is selected by the OFDA Scholastic Assistance Committee, following review of application and a personal interview if selected. To be eligible for assistance, students must remain in mortuary college and maintain a “C” average or 2.0 GPA. Following transcript verification of GPA status, scholarships are paid directly to the mortuary college to offset tuition expenses. Typically, the award is applied to the final two terms of a student's education. Please review eligibility and application requirements:
The 2022 SAC Application and all required materials (transcripts and letters of recommendation) must be received by the deadline date. OFDA encourages applicants to create responses in another computer program first (eg: Word document) and then copy and paste responses into the official online application to avoid the website timing out and potentially losing all information you have entered in the online application.
Please review eligibility and application requirements:
- Applicant must be must be currently enrolled in a mortuary science program or registered in a mortuary science program during the Fall 2022 academic semester.
- Scholarship is to help cover the costs of mortuary school; preparatory programs are not eligible.
- Applicant must provide three (3) letters of recommendations – one (1) must be from a licensed funeral service professional – only one (1) can be from current Mortuary college staff (if applicable).
- Selected applicants are required to participate in an in-person interview. All interviews will be held at the OFDA office in Columbus, OH unless otherwise notified.
- A completed application must include: completed online application, copy of official college transcripts from ALL colleges attended, and three (3) letters of recommendation.
The OFDA online application is now OPEN. Please submit your application by July 11th, 2022.
Please email Rachel Kirk or call the OFDA office at (800) 589-6332 for any questions.